Greetings from Austin!
Whether you’re hanging with your family amidst an extended spring break, chilling at home with a loved one 6 feet away to social distance, or chilling by yourself, I hope everyone is pushing through this quarantine time!
I was talking to a friend this week and sharing that even though it’s a difficult season to face, it’s amazing to imagine the global camaraderie we all experience going through this situation step by step together.
When I think of the last time everyone felt this connection of a crisis altogether, I think of 9/11 (which was only a national disaster within the U.S. along with some allied countries).
But Covid-19 has caused not only national but international panic amongst so many countries, bringing about a universal response as well as a sense of unity amidst trials.
There have also been many moments for all of us to learn within our governments, corporations, organizations, families, friends, and interpersonal interactions.
For me, I’ve found that I’ve gotten to learn a lot whilst being forced to stay at home and reflect:
- I’ve learned to not take for granted how blessed I am to still have a job and even be able to work remotely amidst the chaos.
- I’ve learned it’s hard for me to submit to God many areas of my life and believe many of the simple truths and promises.
- I’ve learned that people need a listening ear and prayer as well as practical solutions in this tough time.
- I’ve learned taking short runs with acoustic worship is very therapeutic.
- I’ve learned I need to get more sleep as a working adult.
- I’ve learned I lost 8 lbs of muscle and gained 2 lbs of fat after “social distancing” from the gym.
With all that learning aside, I want to ask for y’all to consider things you’ve learned during quarantine:
- What have you learned about yourself?
- How have you been challenged with limitations placed in your relationships?
- What can you do now that you’ve been forced to stop and rest in idleness?
These are just a few examples of questions to ponder on. I would love to hear all the things you’ve been learning, so feel free to comment below on things you’ve been learning.
As we continue on with this stage of life, I encourage y’all to press on! I know it’s hard, but we’re all in this together (cue High School Musical).
And the truth of the matter is, if we live for a sovereign God, who is in full control, then His plans are secure for us.
Let us continue to fight with that hope in mind, remember to wash your hands, and I’ll see y’all in the next update! :)
Note: I am going to start posting curated updates from my Savvy Saturdays Newsletter onto this platform.
If you like my posts or want to get updates on the latest articles on Faith, Productivity, and Entrepreneurship as well as insightful quotes and Bible verses, consider subscribing to my mailing list!